Older Adult Mental Health Program
Older Adult (55+) Unit
The Older Adult Program provides specialized treatment for patients over 55 with a wide variety of psychiatric illnesses including:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Changes in Functioning
- Social Withdrawl
- Suicidal Thoughts
Our treatment protocol includes:
- Solution-focused Treatment
- Group Therapy
- Behavioral Strategies
- Medication Evaluation & Management
- Aftercare Planning
Specialized services provided by psychiatrists, nurses, masters-level therapists, discharge planners, and other behavioral health staff. Using evidence-based treatment and stabilization, our clinicians provide a coordinated return to a suitable setting for the patient.
The Older Adult Program is covered by Medicare & other health insurance plans.
How to Refer a Patient
Call our 24/7 Intake Line with the following information:
- Presenting problems
- Behavioral health symptoms
- History of behavioral health issues
- Name & Date of Birth
- Home address & Phone number
- Emergency Contact name & number
- Social Security number
- Primary & Secondary insurances
- Name & Phone Number of current behavioral health provider (if applicable)
- Summary of any previous hospitalizations
- Current medical conditions
- Current medications
- Recent lab work
- Treatment notes or recent progress notes
- Name & phone number of primary care physician
While a Patient:
You or your loved one will experience:
- Medication adjustments and management
- Education group therapy to help develop coping skills
- Process groups therapy focusing on symptom recognition, reminiscent therapy and stress management
- Family therapy
- Transition planning
- Aftercare planning
If you or your loved one is suffering call Lake Behavioral Hospital TODAY!
Call us and come in for a free, confidential assessment 24/7, at toll-free (855) 990-1900.
Lake Behavioral Hospital can help you and your loved one get back on track.
2615 Washington Street
Waukegan, IL 60085
Call Us 24/7 Toll Free:
Via I-94 to IL-120 E / Belvidere Rd. in Warren Township.
Take the IL – 120 E / Belvidere Rd. exit from I-94 W.
Continue on Belvidere Rd. Drive to Washington St. in Waukegan.
Lake Behavioral Hospital will be on the right, located at previous Vista Medical Center West campus.