Adult Mental Health Program
The goal of the Mental Health Program is to provide stabilization and treatment for adults with a mental illness, such as:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Homicidal thoughts
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
These are all mental illnesses that can interrupt your daily life. We will help you get back to living your life!
- A safe environment
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Medication assessment, initiation & stabilization
- Education on how to manage your illness
- Opportunity to help you understand your symptoms with your peers
- Group therapy classes centered on emotion regulation, seeking safety and mindfulness
- Supportive therapies such as art therapy, music therapy, recreation therapy, yoga and tai chi to help you learn coping strategies
- Family education and awareness groups
- Crisis Safety Planning
- Discharge planning with a master’s level therapist to help you connect with resources in your community for on-going support
Thinking about SUICIDE?
Call 24/7, we can help!
2615 Washington Street
Waukegan, IL 60085
Call Us 24/7 Toll Free:
Via I-94 to IL-120 E / Belvidere Rd. in Warren Township.
Take the IL – 120 E / Belvidere Rd. exit from I-94 W.
Continue on Belvidere Rd. Drive to Washington St. in Waukegan.
Lake Behavioral Hospital will be on the right, located at previous Vista Medical Center West campus.